Statement Released by the Archbishop of Paraná in Response to the Charges against Justo Ilarraz
September 14, 2012
[Translated into English by BishopAccountability.org. Click below to see original article in Spanish.]
The Archbishop Office’s Statement Sent to Diario Junio
1. The latest news reports have caused us deep shame and immense sorrow for the very serious offenses committed by he who should be serving the moral life of the people, leading by example and service through teaching. This demands of us to make our commitment to what is true and good ever more authentic and efficacious.
2. The publication in a weekly newspaper on the 13th of this month contains, along with true statements, inexactitudes and falsities.
3. When the facts emerged, all measures were taken to elucidate the truth, while preserving the right to privacy and to due process, and according to our knowledge of existing laws.
4. Following the directives of the Vatican, in particular, His Holiness Benedict XVI, the statute of limitations was lifted in order to apply the appropriate sanctions.
5. The measures carried out by the Archbishop of Paraná and by the Bishop of the Diocese of Concepción de Tucumán, have resulted in removing the accused priest from the exercise of his ministry until the Vatican resolves the matter.
6. The Church, set on going forth according to the gospel and to justice, asks God for our faithful adherence to His will.
Paraná, September 13, 2012