Rev. Frank Sierra
Greely Daily Tribune
January 17, 1951
The Rev. Frank Sierra, Jr., S.F., has been appointed assistant pastor of Our Lady of Peace church. He succeeds his brother, the Rev. John A. Sierra, who has been appointed first pastor of St. Francis' Parish, Center. Father John A. Sierra has already left here to assume his duties at Center.
The Rev. Frank Sierra, Jr. is now teaching at a high school maintained by the Order of Santa Familia in Buenos Aires. It is not known when he will arrive here, according to the Rev. Dominic J. Morera, pastor of Our Lady of Peace church.
The Rev. John A. Sierra had been assistant pastor here since the spring of 1950. He took his philosophy course in the Family Seminary in Barcelona, Spain and his theological studies in Rome where he was ordained. In Oct. 1948, he came to the Pueblo diocese as an assistant pastor in the Holy Name of Mary Parish at Del Norte, a position he filled until his transfer to Greely.
St. Francis' Parish at Center formerly was a mission of the Holy Name of Mary Parish, Del Norte. However, St. Francis has grown to such proportions in recent years that it was erected as a parish in its own right.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.