Journal-Star [Peoria IL]
December 1, 2005
Nine civil lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by five priests and one nun were filed in Peoria County Circuit Court on Wednesday. The suits were filed against the clergy members, parishes they were assigned to during the time of the alleged abuse, and the Catholic Diocese of Peoria.
- The Rev. Edward Bush, accused by Jean Anderson, 54, of sexual assault in 1964 or 1965 when she was 13 or 14 years old and a student at St. Thomas Catholic School in Peoria Heights. Bush was removed from public ministry in 2002.
- The Rev. Louis Condon, accused by Mary Krusz, 55, of sexual assault between 1958 and 1960 when she was 6 to 9 years old and a student at St. Mary's Catholic School in Lincoln. Condon retired from ministry in 1986 and has been removed from public ministry.
- Monsignor Norman Goodman, accused by Krusz of sexual assault between 1961 and 1974 while she was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church, now Holy Family Catholic Church, in Lincoln; accused by Daniel Williams, 40, of sexual assault between 1975 and 1979 when he was 11 to 15 years old and a member of Holy Family in Lincoln; and accused by Donald Schroyer, 40, of sexual assault between 1975 and 1979 when he was 10 to 15 years old and a member of Holy Family in Lincoln. Goodman has been removed from public ministry.
- The Rev. Walter Breuning, accused by Ron Ver Straete, 52, of sexual assault between 1964 and 1970 while he was a member of St. Anthony's Church in Atkinson and St. Augustine Catholic Church in St. Augustine; accused by Joseph Jones, 55, of Pekin of sexual assault once between 1963 and 1967 when he was 13 to 17 years old and a member of St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Pekin; and accused by Jeffrey Jones, 52, of Rockford of sexual assault between 1964 and 1971 when he was 11 to 17 years old and a member of St. Joseph's. Breuning was removed from public ministry in 2002.
- The Rev. Toussaint J. Perron, accused by Joseph Sims Jr., 40, of sexual assault between 1982 and 1984 when he was 16 to 17 years old and a member of St. John's Catholic Church in Galva. Perron has been removed from public ministry and served three years in prison for sexual assault.
- Sister Mary Jane, last name unknown, accused by Lisa M. Kyker, 51, of sexual assault between 1960 and 1961 when she was 6 to 7 years old and a student at St. Patrick's Catholic School in Washington. The nun's current situation is unknown.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.