Teenager Files Abuse Suit against Sante Fe Archdiocese
March 30, 2006

Albuquerque, N.M. -- A teenage boy is seeking unspecified damages from the Archdiocese of Santa Fe in a lawsuit filed Wednesday.

The boy -- identified only as John Doe -- alleges he was sexually abused by a Raton priest last year.

The lawsuit also names as defendants Archbishop Michael Sheehan and former Raton priest George Silva.

Silva was indicted by a federal grand jury last month on four counts involving transporting a minor from New Mexico to France and Portugal for criminal and illicit sexual activity.

The lawsuit alleges the boy suffered physical injury, emotional distress, loss of self-esteem, disgrace, lost wages and expenses for medical care and counseling, the lawsuit said.

The archdiocese said it disagrees with the allegations.


Any original material on these pages is copyright © 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.