Judge Reconsiders Dismissal of Sex-Abuse Charges
WQAD [St. Louis MO]
November 17, 2006
St. Louis A St. Louis judge says he'll decide soon on a request to reconsider his dismissal of sex abuse charges against a former priest and the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
Circuit Court Judge Timothy Wilson heard arguments from both sides today.
An attorney for plaintiff Herbert Graham cited a recent Missouri Supreme Court ruling that changed the state deadline for filing sexual abuse lawsuits.
Graham, of Decatur, Illinois, says he was sexually molested in the 1980s by former priest Michael McGrath, but didn't realize the harm that had been done until 1998. He sued five years later.
Wilson dismissed the charges, saying they had exceeded the statute of limitations.
The archdiocese's attorney says Graham could have sued earlier.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.