|Video: Diocese Sued by Man Claiming Abuse
By Carl Kanefsky
October 30, 2008
Another law suit names the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington as a defendant, claiming officials covered up the sexual abuse of a child by a parish priest.
WDEL's Carl Kanefsky has the story. Video Here
Supporters of sexual abuse survivors held a small vigil outside of the Cathedral of St. Peter in Wilmington Thursday morning, shortly after a lawsuit had been filed on behalf of Robert Kohr, a man claiming he was repeatedly abused by the late Father Carmen Vignola.
Michael Reck, an attorney representing Kohr says the abuse began in the 1980s when Kohr was 14 years old.
Judy Miller, a representative of the group SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, says Kohr hopes to put an end to the practice of Diocesan officials covering up crimes.
Miller says Kohr hopes his suit will serve to help make sure no other child has to endure what he went through.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.