|2nd Sexual Assault Allegation Made against Priest
May 12, 2010
A spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh revealed that a second allegation of sexual abuse has been made against a priest who was removed from a Charleroi Parish last year.
The news about Father David Dzermejko came as two representatives of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) stood in front of diocese offices demanding more information about Dzermejko's case and demanding that Bishop David Zubik post the status of accused priests on the diocese website.
Father Ron Lengwin, spokesman for the diocese, says the new allegation was made by an alleged victim after news of a previous incident was widely reported last year when Dzermejko was removed from Mary Mother of the Church Parish.
Lengwin says a recommendation from an Independent Review Board on the priest's status within the church is expected in June. He is housed in a "facility for priests" in Allegheny County pending that review.
However, information about the allegations have been turned over to local prosecutors.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.