BishopAccountability.org
Deceased Priest Accused of Sexual Assault

By Susanne Brunner
KION
August 2, 2011

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/15190644/diocese-of-monterey-faces-another-lawsuit



MONTEREY, Calif. - The Monterey Diocese faces another sexual abuse lawsuit. And this time, the suspected pedophile isn't even alive to defend himself. The alleged victim's attorney, Joseph George, based in Sacramento, sent Central Coast News a 15 page Civil Lawsuit his client filed last week in Superior Court against the Diocese of Monterey that dates back to the 1960's. In it, it claims the alleged victim, was sexually abused by Father William Allison at San Carlos Church in or around 1966. George said his client, who is now 50-years-old, was molested when he was 9 for about a year and a half.

"He would pull the kids out of school and bring them over to his room during lunch time and have them sit on him lap and do things and fondle them, and he'd give them treats and let them watch tv," said Joseph George, Attorney.

George said there's a website called bishop accountability dot com that shows Father Allison may have abused other kids in New Mexico and Arizona. He said there are even some documents showing Allison was treated for his behavior. According to The Surviviors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP), Father Allison is believe to be dead. We've called and even went to the Diocese of Monterey today for comment, but haven't heard back.


Any original material on these pages is copyright BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.