|Man Alleges Molestation by Priest in 1960s
Monterey County Herald
August 2, 2011
Another man has filed suit alleging he was molested by a Monterey diocese priest, the second complaint filed last month and the third this year.
"John Doe 75" says he was molested by Father William Allison when he was a 9-year-old student at San Carlos School in Monterey in 1966 and '67.
The suit alleges diocese officials knew Allison had molested "many children" in Arizona, New Mexico and Louisiana, and had been sent to one of the Roman Catholic Church's "treatment centers," before he was shuffled to Monterey.
Despite that knowledge, the suit states, the diocese did nothing to warn parents or children of the danger he posed. The alleged victim was molested in the parish rectory over an 18-month period, according to the suit.
Warren Hoy, spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Monterey, said church officials are aware of the lawsuit, though they have not yet been served. It was filed July 21 in Sacramento County, where the alleged victim now lives.
Hoy noted that Monterey was in the Diocese of Fresno in the 1960s and records regarding Allison, who is dead, will have to be retrieved from storage.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.