Archdiocese of Omaha to Look into Abuse Allegation
April 5, 2013
The Vatican says the Archdiocese of Omaha will handle the investigation of a local priest accused of sexual abuse in the 1970s.
Archbishop George Lucas, along with two attorneys from outside the archdiocese, will decide what happens to Rev. Franklin Dvorak. Deacon Timothy McNeil, chancellor of the archdiocese, says Lucas could render a decision by this summer.
SH - WNCC (In-Story)
Dvorak was accused last year of sexually abusing a female student from 1970 to 1972 when he was stationed at Sacred Heart Parish. It is now called Norfolk Catholic. He is on administrative leave as pastor of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Omaha.
The 69-year-old Dvorak was not formally charged because of the statute of limitations, but could face penalty within the church. He denies the allegation