ABC News: Attorney for Archdiocese of Los Angeles Says Guam Archdiocese Was Told About Allegations Against Father Wadeson in 2011

By Kevin Kerrigan
Pacific News Center
July 28, 2014

Guam - Los Angeles Archdiocese attorney Michael Hennigan says the LA Archdiocese told Guam church officials about the sexual abuse accusations against Father John Wadeson in 2011, according to a report on the ABC News website.

The ABC report also cites a 2004 Los Angeles archdiocese report which says "Wadeson was credibly accused in two cases between 1973 and 1977." Between 1972 and 1985 Wadeson worked at Verbum Dei High School in Los Angeles. Verbum Dei is an all-male Catholic high school school.

The "Survivors Network Against those Abused by Priests" [SNAP] has previously reported that Father Wadeson was named in Los Angeles Archdiocese records from the early 1990's,  and in LA news reports, as having been accused on 2 occasions of being a predator priest. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles has barred Father Wadeson from ministry in LA. The accusations against Father Wadeson were never brought to trial.


READ the posting on the ABC website HERE

Father Wadeson was incardinated on Guam by Archbishop Apuron in 2000. Archbishop Apruon removed Father Wadeson from "active and public ministry" on Guam this past Tuesday, 4 days after SNAP issued a release calling attention to the decades old accusations against Father Wadeson.

However, local catholic observer, Tim Rohr, was the first to bring the issue to light on his blog on Wednesday Wednesday July1 16th. And on Friday July 18th, Father Adrian Cristobal told PNC News that the Archdiocese was aware of  the accusations against Father Wadeson in Los Angeles,  but he said the allegations were just that, allegations.


Any original material on these pages is copyright © 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.