Group Demands Archbishop Release Names of Accused Clergymen
By Jolene Toves
August 8, 2014
Guam - Members of the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests continues its criticism of Archbishop Anthony Apuron. SNAP called for the removal of Father John Wadeson last month, accusing the archbishop of knowing the priest's past but kept him in active and prominent ministry locally. SNAP says that according to the archdiocese of Los Angeles, Wadeson has been accused of abuse by two children in the 1970 and has been banned from acting as a priest there. SNAP's volunteer regional director Joelle Casteix comments "how many warnings does Apuron need before he takes any action to protect children? It seems he only responds to embarrassment." The group says that Apuron must release the names of all accused clerics who have worked in the archdiocese, turn over priest files to police and prosecutors, and reach out to all parishes, urging victims to report abuse to the police, not the archdiocese.