VIC Priest Found Guilty of School Rape

9 News
April 27, 2016

A Catholic priest working at a notorious Salesian College in the late 1980s enticed a Year 7 student into his office with computer games then raped him on the floor.

Michael Scott Aulsebrook, 60, of Traralgon, has been found guilty of one count of rape after he fought the charge in the Victorian County Court.

During his trial, the jury heard Aulsebrook invited the boy into his office after lights-out with an offer to play on his computer, then gave his victim a soft drink that had been spiked with a sedative.

The boy woke up on the floor as Aulsebrook was raping him and pushing his face into the floor.

"He felt a large amount of pain," prosecutor Andrew Grant said during the trial.

Afterwards, Aulsebrook said to the boy: "Get out of my sight. You disgust me".

The now-unemployed man invited the boy to play computer games several more times, but the student refused.

Aulsebrook has also pleaded guilty to three counts of indecent assault.

One of these was also committed while he was employed at Salesian College Rupertswood in Sunbury in 1988.

The boarding school's reputation has been blackened by some of Victoria's most notorious paedophile priests, including Frank Klep and David Rapson.

In 2014, a judge broke down while describing the campaign of abuse Klep exacted against vulnerable boys who were students at the school.

Klep was jailed for 10 and six months after he pleaded guilty to 15 counts of indecent assault, buggery, attempted buggery and rape committed between 1974 and 1983.

Last May, former Catholic priest David Edwin Rapson was jailed for 12 years and six months for sexually abusing six boys at two Victorian boarding schools, one of which was Salesian College Rupertswood, in the 1970s and 1980s.

He lured schoolboys to his office with video games, cigarettes and alcohol before sexually abusing them.

Aulsebrook will face a plea hearing next month over the rape, and three counts of indecent assault which he'd pleaded guilty to, and which occurred between 1987 and 1995.

He was remanded into custody.








Any original material on these pages is copyright © 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.