BishopAccountability.org
 
 

Former Priest Named in Suits May Reside in Barrigada

By Neil Pang
Guam Daily Post
May 18, 2017

https://www.postguam.com/news/local/former-priest-named-in-suits-may-reside-in-barrigada/article_6ca60632-3b9a-11e7-b38f-8fbf8f0a44ad.html



"We think we know where he lives, but our special process server can't seem to find him." Attorney David Lujan

A former Catholic priest who has been named in at least five sex abuse complaints may still be residing on island.

Raymond Cepeda, a former priest who was defrocked in December 2009 following an investigation into abuse allegations, is believed to be currently residing in Canada, Barrigada, according to attorney Gloria Rudolph, of the Law Office of Lujan and Wolff LLP, which represents the plaintiffs in the cases currently pending in federal court.

During a scheduling conference held before Magistrate Judge Joaquin Manibusan of the District Court of Guam, prosecutor David Lujan responded to questions from the judge about Cepeda, confirming that the former Guam priest has not yet been served a summons.

"We think we know where he lives, but our special process server can't seem to find him," Lujan told the judge.

Barrigada Vice Mayor Jessie Bautista told The Guam Daily Post that this particular Raymond Cepeda was not registered with the mayor's office.

Brouillard not cooperating

Lujan also addressed questions concerning former Guam Rev. Louis Brouillard, who is named as the alleged abuser in most of the more than 60 cases filed in Guam's courts.

According to Lujan, his officer had been working with the attorney representing Brouillard and that at one point Lujan had planned to take Brouillard's deposition, "but that fell apart when we couldn't agree on certain points."

Besides being named as an alleged abuser in the majority of the cases filed on behalf of child sex abuse victims, Brouillard is also the only living defendant who has admitted, in both written and video testimonials, that he sexually abused boys during his tenure in Guam.

According to Post files, Brouillard said in his statement that he could not remember how many boys he abused, but that "there may have been 20 or more boys."

As a result of yesterday's scheduling hearing, parties agreed that, in an effort to proceed in as organized a manner as possible, the court would be convening again for a status hearing on all the cases filed as of June 8, and that cases filed after that date will not be included in the proceedings, but will be dealt with separately.

 

 

 

 

 




.

 
 

Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.