Man Sues Archdiocese and Defrocked Priest

St. Louis Post Dispatch
August 22, 2005

A Missouri man filed suit against a former Catholic priest, the St. Louis Archdiocese and Archbishop Raymond Burke late Friday, claiming a priest sexually abused him almost 20 years ago.

The suit says Donald Straub fondled the plaintiff from about 1977 to 1978 while Straub worked at St. George Parish in Affton.

The man has suffered emotional distress, trauma, depression and other effects of the abuse, the suit says.

The Vatican defrocked Straub in January. He was ordained in 1975.

After two suits accusing Straub were filed last year, the archdiocese said Straub had undergone treatment after allegedly molesting children. After his release from treatment, he was reassigned and was alleged to have molested other children, the archdiocese said.

Straub could not be reached for comment.


Any original material on these pages is copyright © 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.