Priest Hospitalized after Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By Fox4KC
December 20, 2010

Carbon monoxide is an invisible danger and it caused a scare for a metro church. The church's pastor is suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

When Father Shawn Ratigan didn't show up for mass on Friday at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, parishioners searched for him. They found him unconscious in his nearby church apartment. Father Ratigan was taken to the hospital where he is recovering.

"We're very grateful for that, and in this season of hope, which is Christmas," said Patty Dunsworth,
parish member. "That is what springs eternal. And we're hoping for his full recovery and to have him back here at St. Pat's."

Ratigan is in serious condition and is showing signs of improvement. The source of the carbon monoxide poisoning is unknown at this time.














Any original material on these pages is copyright © 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.