Priest, religious brother added to names in Diocese of Little Rock sex abuse investigation
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Bishop of Little Rock Anthony B. Taylor sent a letter to update the community on Kinsale Management Consulting's review of church documents and to alert the public on additional allegations deemed to be credible.
Kinsale's review of 1,350 files has been completed. And two names have been added to the initial report that listed 12 names on Oct. 23, 2018. The file review and investigations were brought before the Diocese Review Board.
Here is an excerpt from the bishop's letter:
Sadly, as a result of this entire process, we must add the name of 1 additional priest and 1 religious brother against whom allegations of abusing minors in Arkansas can be considered credible at this time. There will also be a report on how previous bishops handled allegations in general in the upcoming edition of the Arkansas Catholic and on our diocesan website. The following names, updated information on those priests previously disclosed, and an exit letter from Kinsale can also be found on our website.
1. Additional Diocese of Little Rock Priests against whom credible allegations have been substantiated:
2. Additional Diocese of Little Rock Priests against whom unsubstantiated though credible allegations of
abuse of a minor have been received:
· Walter Rajmund. Died 1990. Served in Arkansas 1956-1990. 2 known victims.
3. Additional Priests of other dioceses or members of religious orders, against whom credible allegations
were made within Arkansas as confirmed by other dioceses or religious orders:
· Bill Wright, GHM. Died 2011. Served at Holy Cross Church in Crossett, Arkansas, 1982-1986.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.