NE – National Catholic official to push Lincoln’s bishop on abuse

NEBRASKA
Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests

Posted by David Clohessy on June 18, 2012

A Catholic official is promising to visit Lincoln Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz and push him to comply with the church’s national abuse policy, which Bruskewitz has “consistently broken for a decade,” a victims group says.

Al Notzon, who heads a church panel overseeing the church hierarchy’s abuse crisis, publicly pledged to personally visit the Lincoln diocese and try to make sure that local church officials obey the US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ “Charter for the Protection of Children, adopted in 2002. He made the comments last week at the bishops’ summer meeting in Atlanta.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

“We’re grateful for this promised effort, but doubt it will succeed,” said Barbara Dorris of St. Louis, Outreach Director for a support group called SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests. “Bruskewitz and his staff…