Priests appeal: Defence says court was ‘selective’ in appreciation of evidence
MALTA
Times of Malta
Defence counsel for two priests who have appealed against child abuse convictions, argued in court today that the court had been selective in its appreciation of the evidence presented in the case.
Godwin Scerri and Charles Pulis, both members of the Missionary Society of St Paul, were sentenced to five and six years in prison respectively for sexually abusing 11 young boys in their care.
Their appeal started being heard last Friday.
Picking up where Dr Giannella de Marco left off last week, Dr Joe Giglio said there were several discrepancies in the evidence of two victims and he therefore wondered how the magistrate had arrived at the moral certainty required for a conviction.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed