Police ‘took no action’ over priest’s abuse
AUSTRALIA
The Australian
Dan Box
From:The Australian
July 12, 2012
NSW police were told that a Catholic priest now at the centre of a child sex abuse scandal was abusing boys almost 30 years ago, but took no action against him.
In 1983, the father of an 11-year-old altar boy told officers in the town of Moree that his son had been touched inappropriately by the priest, known as Father F for legal reasons.
The boy’s father, who asked not to be named, said he raised the allegation with the late Monsignor Frank Ryan, a church official in the diocese of Armidale on three occasions, but nothing was done. “So I spoke to the police and they said they were aware of (Father F’s) activities and something would come out of it,” the father said.
“But nothing happened.”
Father F subsequently moved to Sydney, where he continued…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed