New lawsuit alleges sexual abuse by area priest
KANSAS CITY (MO)
The Kansas City Star
By MATT CAMPBELL
The Kansas City Star
A Florida man who says he repressed memories for most of his adult life of being sexually abused by a priest filed a lawsuit Thursday against the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
The man, now 57, says he was abused by the Rev. Jerry Joseph Wegenek when he was about 11 years old.
Wegenek died last year at age 73. The suit says he was assigned to St. Gabriel and St. Patrick parishes in Kansas City when the abuse took place, which would have been in the late 1960s.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed