Cardinal Pell welcomes royal commission
AUSTRALIA
9 News
Australia’s most senior Catholic believes the royal commission announced on Monday will uncover the truth about the child sex abuse scandal.
Cardinal George Pell, who has previously said he believes his church has been unfairly targeted due to “anti-Catholic prejudice”, said he hoped the new investigation would clear the air.
“Public opinion remains unconvinced that the Catholic church has dealt adequately with sexual abuse,” he said in a statement on Monday night.
“Ongoing and at times one-sided media coverage has deepened this uncertainty. This is one of the reasons for my support for this royal commission.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed