Pell urged to close order over abuses
AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND
The Age
November 12, 2012
Rory Callinan
Investigative journalist
MORE than 70 per cent of the brothers in the St John of God order are suspected child abusers and Sydney Archbishop George Pell should immediately shut the order down, says a psychologist employed by the order to meet with its scores of abuse victims.
Dr Michelle Mulvihill, who met more than 120 of the order’s child abuse victims during compensation negotiations between 1998 and 2007, said on Sunday that Cardinal Pell had been aware of a loan made by the Catholic Development Fund to assist the order which was facing financial problems because of the compensation claims from victims.
She also alleged that the order had never properly supervised suspected paedophile brothers and hid documents relating to the child abuse around its properties in Australia in places where police ”would never find them”.
Almost 200 victims…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed