Child abuse `tsunami’ forecast
AUSTRALIA
The Examiner
By MICHAEL LOWE
Jan. 12, 2013
THE nation’s royal commission into child abuse will unleash a “tsunami” of allegations in Tasmania, a child protection advocacy group says.
Bravehearts Tasmanian spokesman Stephen Noone said yesterday that the group had been calling for a royal commission for 15 years.
Welcoming the inquiry’s broad terms of reference, announced by Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Friday, Mr Noone said that he expected a “tsunami” of Tasmanians to come forward with abuse allegations.
Beyond Abuse spokesman Steve Fisher also praised the reach of the inquiry, to be headed by New South Wales Supreme Court judge Peter McClellan.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed