O’Malley expects Vatileaks briefing before conclave
ROME
Gazzetta del Sud
Rome, March 5 – Cardinal Sean O’Malley of Boston said in Rome Tuesday he expected that some portions from the Vatican leaks dossier would be shared with cardinals before electing a new pope. “I assume that important information will be shared that will help us make our decisions,” said the Boston archbishop speaking at the Pontifical North American College outside the Vatican. O’Malley, who some have tipped as a candidate for pope, is in Rome ahead of the upcoming conclave to elect a successor to Benedict XVI, who stepped down on February 28. Some have speculated that one of Benedict’s motives for abdicating may have been the so-called Vatileaks scandal that erupted last year when his butler was arrested then eventually pardoned for leaking secret Church documents that spoke of corruption and intrigue within the Holy See. The documents included letters to the pope and…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed