IL- Accused child molester to retire
CHICAGO (IL)
Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests
POSTED BY DAVID CLOHESSY ON JUNE 11, 2013
Accused child molester to retire
Clergy sex abuse victims protested him last month
Former priest now works for Advocate Health Care
For 2nd time, he is allowed to quietly resign without any consequences
A former Chicago Catholic priest who now works for Advocate Health Care and was the subject of controversy last month will retire soon, his employer said.
In a letter received yesterday by SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, Kevin Brady, Advocate’s Chief Human Rights officer and senior vice president, says that Russell L. Romano will leave the firm at the end of this month.
In 2006, as part of a settlement of clergy sex abuse lawsuits, the Chicago archdiocese admitted that Romano had been credibly accused of molesting at least one child. In…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed