Computer owned by former parish priest catalyst for archdiocese/media firestorm
MINNESOTA
The Citizen
By Deb Barnes & Debra Neutkens
HUGO — Area Catholics are waiting to hear whether child pornography charges will be filed against a priest who led parishioners at St. John the Baptist in Hugo and St. Jude of the Lake in Mahtomedi.
Earlier this month Rev. Jonathan Shelley denied any illegal activity and released a statement this weekend thanking former parishioners for their concern and asking for continued prayers on his behalf.
St. Paul Police were investigating a report that pornography possibly including child pornography, was found on a computer that once belonged to Shelley.
Washington County Attorney Pete Orput told The Citizen Monday the statute of limitations on possession of child pornography is three years. Because the computer hard drive hasn’t been in Washington County for the better part of a decade, he said, at this point his office only would be involved if…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed