Catholic Church cover-up of child sex abuse a scandal…
AUSTRALIA
Courier Mail
Catholic Church cover-up of child sex abuse a scandal, says County Court Judge Felicity Hampel
PAUL ANDERSON NEWS LIMITED NOVEMBER 12, 2013
HIGH-ranking members of the Catholic Church acted in “scandalous” fashion by ignoring claims of sexual abuse and attempting to protect an accused priest and the church brand, a judge has said.
In a scathing attack on the church, County Court judge Felicity Hampel today slammed it for not helping a young sexually abused altar boy and not referring the matter to police.
Depraved Catholic priest Russell Robert Walker sexually abused two altar boys over a four-year period in the 1970s – despite the Archbishop of Melbourne at the time being warned about him.
Walker had been confronted by the parents of one of the boys, only to reply: “How dare you accuse me of sleeping with your son.”
The Catholic Church never took action,…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed