Archdiocese to release names of 29 priests accused of molesting minors
MINNESOTA
Pioneer Press
By Emily Gurnon
egurnon@pioneerpress.com
POSTED: 12/02/2013
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis will release the names of 29 of 33 priests “credibly accused” of sexually abusing minors, an attorney for the church said in Ramsey County District Court Monday.
This follows a statement from Archbishop John Nienstedt, who previously said he would disclose the names, locations and status of all living archdiocesan priests who have substantiated claims of sexual abuse against them, regardless of where they now live.
But he said he needed a court’s permission because the list is under a protective order. Attorneys for alleged victims of abuse said the archdiocese doesn’t need permission to release its own information.
In 2004, the archdiocese compiled a list of 33 priests deemed to have credible accusations against them. It’s not clear how many names Nienstedt would release, or whether they’ve already been made…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed