Judge orders release of 46 names of accused priests
MINNESOTA
Minnesota Public Radio
by Madeleine Baran, Minnesota Public Radio
December 2, 2013
ST. PAUL, Minn. — A Ramsey County judge ordered that the names of 46 priests accused of sexual abuse — 33 in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and 13 in the Diocese of Winona — be made public.
The nearly four-year battle over the list, which had been sealed in a 2009 lawsuit, continued in Ramsey County District Court today, as attorneys for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis argued that some of the names should not be released to the public.
Lawyers for the archdiocese said the church’s internal review found that allegations against three of the 33 priests on the sealed list could not be substantiated. The church would only release the names of 30 priests who had substantiated allegations of child sexual abuse against them, they said.
Nine of…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed