St. John’s Abbey issues list of clergy ‘likely’ to have abused minors
MINNESOTA
St. Cloud Times
COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
The list includes several names that previously have been released by the abbey; some are deceased and some are living at the abbey under “supervised safety plans.”
The abbey said Monday that it was voluntarily releasing the names after inquiries from the Times and after a lawsuit filed against the abbey demanded the release of a list as a condition of the lawsuit.
“This list reflects our best efforts to identify those who likely have offended against minors,” said Brother Aelred Senna, spokesperson for the Abbey. “That task often is complicated by the passage of time, the deaths of some of those involved and sometimes incomplete accounts of the past. Even so, we are including all 18 names to provide as complete of…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed