Salvo dismissed amid more abuse evidence
AUSTRALIA
SBS
AAP
A royal commission has heard how one man turned a Salvation Army boys’ home in Sydney into a hell that has left an indelible mark on a generation of men.
A man, now a miner, was so distraught by memories of what had happened to him at a Salvation Army boys home in Sydney that he could not read his evidence at a royal commission inquiry.
When he took the stand at a public hearing into child sexual abuse on Thursday, the man identified as FV, faltered as he told about hearing his younger brother was raped.
They had been sent to the Bexley Boys Home in Sydney south in 1974 when Captain Lawrence Wilson was in charge and placed in different dormitories.
In evidence read on his behalf by Simeon Beckett counsel assisting the commission, FV said he was raped by Cpt Wilson and a…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed