Court needs to make sure that archdiocese is doing all it can
MILWAUKEE (WI)
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Editorial
In an interview Monday on the Milwaukee Catholic Archdiocese’s bankruptcy reorganization plan, Archbishop Jerome Listecki said he wanted sexual abuse victims to know that “we are doing our best” even though it might not seem that way to some victims and that the archdiocese is “not going to walk away from the victim survivors.”
He also said that he wants parishioners to know that “we basically have confronted evil, and we haven’t walked away from it” in dealing with the sexual abuse scandal.
There are those who would take issue with those statements. Peter Isely of the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests and the Survivors and Clergy Leadership Alliance blasted the plan, announced last week, as an “obscene gesture” by the archdiocese, insulting to those who were victimized by both clergy and a church hierarchy that sometimes turned a blind…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed