MINNESOTA
Winona Daily News
A Minnesota archdiocese is releasing the names of nine more priests it says were “credibly accused” of sexual abuse of a minor.
The announcement Monday from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis follows its earlier disclosure of 30 such priests.
The disclosure follows a review of clergy files by an outside firm the archdiocese hired after it came under intense criticism for its handling of clergy sexual misconduct.
The archdiocese says it became aware of two of the nine priests after 2004, when it previously released a list of accused priests.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.