St. Paul Archdiocese names nine more priests accused of abuse
MINNESOTA
Star Tribune
Article by: JEAN HOPFENSPERGER , Star Tribune Updated: February 17, 2014
The list includes the former head of a Catholic Youth Center. Victim’s advocates ask, Why the wait?
The names of nine more priests accused of sexually abusing minors were made public Monday by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, prompting victims’ advocates to ask why the names weren’t on the list released in December.
Most of the priests named were already known abusers, and some for decades, said Patrick Wall, victims advocate at Anderson Advocates law firm. The law firm had already sued many of them in Minnesota or other states, he said.
The now-former priests include Michael Kolar, the nearly 20-year assistant director of the Catholic Youth Center in St. Paul; Gerald Funcheon, a former Anoka priest who has admitted to abusing nearly 50 boys; and Kenneth LaVan, who served in nine parishes…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed