Child sexual abuse victims’ charity in danger of collapse

UNITED KINGDOM
Independent

PAUL GALLAGHER
Sunday 16 November 2014

The leading charity for supporting victims of child sexual abuse is being forced out of its London office because of soaring rent, and will go bust in six months unless urgent funding is secured.

Peter Saunders, chief executive of the National Association for People Abused in Childhood (Napac), said the charity he founded in 1995 has six weeks to find new premises, after its current landlord raised the rent by 50 per cent; otherwise, it will become homeless.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, was told of the charity’s plight during a two-hour meeting at its office last week. “I told Ms May we will be homeless because our landlord has pushed the rent up so much. I don’t know where we’re going to go,” Mr Saunders said. “We need help. Our costs are going up, our workload is going…