Polish priest seeks plea bargain in child sex abuse case
POLAND
GlobalPost
Agence France-Presse March 20, 2015
A Polish priest accused of child sex abuse in the Dominican Republic has proposed a plea bargain to serve just under half of the 15-year jail term he is facing, a Warsaw court said Friday.
“The accused has forwarded a request to voluntarily submit to serve seven years in prison … but formally the priest did not plead guilty,” Warsaw court spokesman Marcin Lochowski told AFP.
Identified only as Wojciech G. for legal reasons, the accused priest whose trial began Friday faces up to 15 years behind bars on allegations of child sex abuse and possessing child pornography.
Polish prosecutors charged the 38-year-old priest last year with sex offences against eight children in both the Dominican Republic and Poland.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed