Former Salvation Army official will fight child sex abuse claims
AUSTRALIA
WA Today
A former Salvation Army church official accused of historic child sexual abuse over 25 years intends to plead not guilty.
William Edwin Steele, 71, from Thornlie briefly appeared in the Perth Magistrates Court on Tuesday charged with four counts of indecent acts, three counts of indecent dealing with a boy under 14 years, two counts of indecent assault and one count of aggravated indecent assault.
His lawyer said he intended to fight the charges.
Outside court, Salvation Army spokesman Bruce Redman said the organisation was shocked by the charges.
He said the Salvation Army had been in contact with the alleged victims.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed