Ex-prelate hospitalized ahead of trial on sex abuse, porn
VATICAN CITY
St. Louis Post-Tribune
By FRANCES D’EMILIO The Associated Press
Vatican City • A former papal diplomat accused of sexually abusing teenage boys while stationed in the Dominican Republic has been hospitalized in intensive care, forcing adjournment of his trial Saturday in a Vatican courtroom for allegedly causing grave psychological harm to the victims and possessing an enormous quantity of child pornography.
Medical records showing that Jozef Wesolowski had been admitted Friday because of “sudden illness” to an intensive care unit of a Rome public hospital were presented by the prosecutor to the judge, who read it without revealing what ails the former prelate.
The 66-year-old Pole’s lawyer, Antonello Blasi, told journalists he hadn’t been told what the illness is.
“I saw him two or three days ago, and, given his age and his state of mind, he was fine,” Blasi said. The lawyer told the court that…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed