Legal action threat to government over ‘failure’ to widen Scots child abuse inquiry
SCOTLAND
Herald Scotland
Martin Williams, Senior News Reporter / Monday 16 November 2015
COURT action is being threatened to force the government to widen its inquiry into historical allegations of child abuse in Scotland.
Survivors group White Flowers Alba said it was seeking a judicial review because it says the inquiry will not look at all cases.
White Flowers Alba claimed this was “unfair” as similar investigations elsewhere in the UK were looking at all instances of abuse.
The group wants the inquiry to extend its examination of abuse to include incidents involving priests in local parishes, in day schools such as council nurseries or primaries and in children’s organisations such as the Scouts or Army cadets.
Last month survivors groups attacked a “lack of progress” in the work of a public inquiry into the allegations.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed