Milwaukee priest cleared of sexual abuse allegation
WISCONSIN
National Catholic Reporter
Marie Rohde | Nov. 17, 2015
Fr. Tom Eichenberger, a Milwaukee priest cleared of an allegation that he abused a boy 38 years ago, told NCR that he feels no joy, just relief, that he has been found innocent and returned to his parish on Monday.
“I have forgiven him because I know he is a troubled person, a convicted felon who spent time in prison,” said Eichenberger. “I have forgiven him from my heart but it’s been a nightmare. I’ve given 40 years to the church and one guy can ruin all of that.”
Eichenberger was only the third priest removed from ministry and publicly named as an accused inmate as a result of allegations made in the bankruptcy that ended last week. Like Eichenberger, the other two were also acquitted of charges and returned to their ministry.
Archbishop Jerome Listecki announced the resolution…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed