Dioceses more responsive to Catholic Church sex abuse scandals
PENNSYLVANIA
Tribune-Review
BY JASON CATO | Saturday, March 5, 2016
Decades of silence by the Roman Catholic Church regarding child sexual abuse by priests has given way to an era of atonement, as public apologies and condemnation come from local dioceses up to the Vatican.
But that isn’t enough for some. The church needs to name priests suspected of abuse, like those outed last week in a 147-page grand jury report about the Altoona-Johnstown diocese, so more go to prison, said David Clohessy, national director of SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.
“More words, clearer words, sadder words — it’s all words, and words protect no one. Decisive actions protect kids,” said Clohessy, expressing a desire for local dioceses to post online the names of priests accused of sexually abusing children. “They often are fixated on PR, policies, panels and protocols that look terrific on…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed