Matt Lauer won’t get paid rest of $20 million contract after NBC fired him
NEW YORK (NY)
ABC News
December 2, 2017
By Joi-Marie McKenzie and Aaron Katersky
Matt Lauer will not receive a payout for the rest of his million-dollar contract, an NBC News spokesperson confirmed to ABC News today.
The disgraced former “Today” show anchor was fired after a colleague accused him of “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace,” the network said Wednesday in a memo obtained by ABC News.
In a statement released one day later, Lauer, 59, said some of the allegations are “untrue or mischaracterized,” but “there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed.”
Lauer, who had just signed a contract last year that would put him in the anchor chair through 2018, had a contract worth a reported $20 million, according to Variety.
He had been at the “Today” since 1994 and became an official co-anchor three years later.
After firing…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed