Louisiana bishops say names of priests credibly accused of sex abuse to be made public
NEW ORLEANS (LA)
The Advocate
By Ramon Antonio Vargas
October 16, 2018
The Archdiocese of New Orleans and dioceses in other parts of Louisiana on Tuesday committed to releasing the names of clergy who have been credibly accused of sexually abusing minors within the last half century, stepping up their language from last month, when they said they were only exploring the possibility.
In a prepared statement, Archbishop Gregory Aymond said the release “will be sooner rather than later,” though he stopped short of giving a firm date.
In New Orleans, more quietly settled, decades-old Catholic Church sex abuse cases surface
In New Orleans, more quietly settled, decades-old Catholic Church sex abuse cases surface
More cases have surfaced involving quietly settled, decades-old sexual abuse claims against the Catholic Church in New Orleans, naming a pair …
“The clergy files are being examined very carefully,” Aymond said. “It…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed