Two new allegations added against Ascension priest once known as crusading priest-cop
LOUISIANA
The Advocate
July 1, 2020
By Jacqueline DeRobertis
A deceased Catholic priest formerly accused of abuse in Ascension Parish has two new credible allegations added in the latest Baton Rouge Diocese report.
The list now includes more information regarding The Rev. George Gensler, who is accused of abuse in the late 1970s and between 1984 and 1998, said Diocese of Baton Rouge Communications Secretary Dan Borné.
Reports of abuse were received in February 1994 and October 2018, but two new credible allegations were reported days apart in February 2020, he said.
Past abuse was reported at St. Anthony of Padua in Darrow, where Gensler served from 1979 to 1994; he was placed on administrative leave and permanently removed from ministry during his last year at the church.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed