Six new allegations against Diocesan priests found credible
Allegations against north state priests already on list, more expected to follow
SACRAMENTO — The Catholic Diocese of Sacramento said six new allegations of abuse involving five priests who served in the north state have been deemed credible.
The diocese said Tuesday that the new allegations had been uncovered by the independent compensation program.
“This independent program did what we prayed it would do,” Bishop Jaime Soto said in a press release. “First and foremost, it created a venue where victims of clergy abuse could come forward and seek justice and healing for the pain that was inflicted on them by men who betrayed their trust. Second, it provided information that we are using to ensure that our reckoning of the past is as thorough and transparent as it needs to be if we are to seek God’s mercy.”
The diocese also said that the announcement won’t be the last in…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed