Catholic Church says sexual abuse allegations against Maine priest were unfounded
An investigation of the 2 allegations found that the abuse, which allegedly took place in the 1980s, ‘could not have occurred,’ the Portland Diocese said.
A Maine priest is being returned to active ministry after a yearlong investigation by Catholic Church officials found allegations that he sexually abused two girls in the 1980s are unfounded, the Portland Diocese said Wednesday.
The Rev. Robert Vaillancourt was placed on administrative leave last July after church officials received a complaint from a woman who said that she was sexually abused by the priest in the 1980s. Two months later, another woman came forward and said she, too, had been sexually abused by Vaillancourt during the same period. Both women were girls at the time.
The second woman said the abuse occurred in Biddeford, where in the early 1980s Vaillancourt was a new priest and running a youth program at St. Andre’s Catholic Church.
…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed