Judge orders release of redacted attorney general’s report on clergy child sexual abuse
Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Robert Taylor Jr. ruled Feb. 24 that a redacted version of the Maryland Attorney General Office’s report on child sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of Baltimore must be released publicly.
The judge ordered the attorney general’s office to redact more than 200 names from the report and submit it to the court by mid-March.
Christian Kendzierski, archdiocesan spokesman, responded to the ruling in a written Feb. 24 statement:
“Ever-aware of the pain endured by survivors of child sexual abuse, the archdiocese once again offers its sincere apologies to the victim-survivors who were harmed by a minister of the church and who were harmed by those who failed to protect them and who failed to respond to them with care and compassion,” Kendzierski said.
“As we said publicly last year,” he continued, “we respect the court’s decisions in this matter and will continue to cooperate with the…
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed