VATICAN CITY
Gazzeta del Sud
Vatican City, January 12 – The Vatican on Monday denied reports that it has been alerted that it could be the next target of Islamist terrorists after last week’s attacks in France and called on the media not to feed alarmism. Vatican Spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said the Holy See had not received “reports of specific risks” from foreign security agencies. “So it is not opportune to feed groundless concerns,” he added. Israeli State television reported that American intelligence services have warned the Vatican that it could be the next target for Islamist terrorists on Sunday, as international leaders joined around two million people taking part in a massive anti-terrorism rally in Paris. Interior Minister Angelino Alfano said Monday the Italian authorities had found no confirmation to the reports either. “We have done checks in the reporting system with the security authorities of other countries as it is not the case for us,” Alfano said.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.
