Fr. James L. Arimond
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Placed on leave in 1/90 when allegations surfaced of abuse of a boy in 1988; privileges suspended in 7/90 when charges filed. Pleaded no contest in 7/90. Sentenced in 10/90 to 18 months probation and 45 days in a House of Corrections under a work-release program. Laicized in 1996. Began working in 1995 as a state-licensed professional counselor until ordered by the state to surrender his license in 7/03.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- Chicago Tribune 07.25.90
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 04.17.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.09.03
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee website (updated 1 01.26.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 05.10.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.